Best/easiest continuous live feed

Hi all, haven't posted in a long time, been enjoying the car too much ;)

I have a Blackvue dash cam front and rear set up on my blobeye WRX, and it has a parking mode feature to catch any b*stards that might decide to give my scooby a jealous love tap when I'm not driving it. But for the parking mode to work, obviously the camera needs a constant power supply rather than the cigarette lighter I'm currently using which switches off when the key is out.

So basically where is the best place for me to tap into a constant live feed? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

If you don't want to cut anything there's a spare live in the fuse box by your knee if you get an 'add a fuse piggy back' you can plug that into the spare fuse hole it will give you a perm live and be fuse protected too. I'll find a link mine cost about two quid from the bay

If you don't want to cut anything there's a spare live in the fuse box by your knee if you get an 'add a fuse piggy back' you can plug that into the spare fuse hole it will give you a perm live and be fuse protected too. I'll find a link mine cost about two quid from the bay

Thanks mate, that's a good idea, I've gone and got a mini blade fuse with a breakout wire from halfrauds for the minute along with some cable, but can't see a spare live in the fuse box or on the diagram, is it hidden behind or something?

I'll have a look at mine, my gauge takes a feed out of it, may be confusing myself a bit I know there's perm live fuses in there. May have pulled the origional fuse out and popped that in place. I'll go have a look.

Thanks for the quick reply, I guess the airbag ones would be a perm live, but best avoiding them? I can see a couple of random fuses sort of behind the main unit, ones a 10 amp the other a 20 but no idea what they're for

Yeah looks the same, looks like you're using the bottom right fuse 20amp which says "(DEICER)" on the diagram, would that be the rear screen heater? Either way if it's a perm live, great, just means I need to go back to Halfords to get a 20amp fuse breakout rather than the 15 I just bought haha

Not sure mate as mines all in Japanese, I've a 12v accessory plug in the boot which I think is the one I used. I'm sure I've a copy of the box in English somewhere

All finished, wired up and working fine, thanks a lot for your help and speedy replies mate :)