Clutch bite point adjustment?

Danrobbo86

Hey peeps!

Just bought myself an immaculate wrx sti type uk prodrive on a 53 plate. Well impressed with it, apart from the clutch lol.

I seem to get a kangaroo type change from 1st to 2nd, a little in 2nd to 3rd and the rest are fine. I figure it's because the bite is right at the top of the pedal, can anybody tell me if this can be adjusted rather than having to fork out for a new clutch.

Eagerly awaiting responses! Cheers!

You can adjust the clutch under the clutch pedal, the rod that goes into the master cylinder and that is connected to your pedal has a nut locking it in position on your pedal, loosen it, then to adjust the pedal you need to turn the rod anti clockwise , maybe one or two rotations, its easier to turn if you take the R pin and shaft that holds the rod to the pedal mechanism of , then re assemble and see how it feels, youll probably need to adjust it several times to get right position. But I don't want to sound like a !Removed! might need to get used to the car. Remember AWD is not the same as a rear or a FWD. I mean that with the up most respect to try to save you money :)

• Like 1

Cheers mate, I've tried the pedal adjustment which didn't really do too much ( could be that I didn't change enough as ya said ) I think somebody mentioned a possible location of another adjustment under the intercooler....??

Don't worry I can drive, I drive hundreds of cars gambit lol, I appreciate ya help though

Not sure about the other adjustment position. And I wasn't saying anything about your driving skill's mate :) I know when I 1st drove the Evo and then later my Subaru they took me awhile to drive after having an M3 and the ST170 ;)

Lol don't worry about it mate, I know what ya mean.

Maybe I'm just paranoid lol, I seem to put a clutch in every car I have (celica gt four, skyline, st mp260) just trying to avoid buying yet another! Lol

• Like 1

Yeah I hear ya :) there a beast to fit in these too just to make it worse :(

My brother had a Skyline till if caught fire in a petrol station Haha I kid you not racing one of our friend's GTO twin turbo without letting it warm up. Pulled in to get fuel said he see smoke from the engine, lifted the bonnet up heard air suck in and big fireballs lol

shame it was a quick car. Now he has a 08 Peugeot estate. He's given up on life :D