Newbie with issues..

Grays85

first time Subaru..Forester 2.5 XTE

sweet drive.. but got a bum steer from the dealer, firstly had to pay an extra £200 towards getting the headlights to work after buying the car, then auto levelling not working, dash warning light on, sunroof is cracked, cruise control not working and drivers heated seat not working.. no joy from dealer won't refund, having to get trading standards in.

what do you reckon, no fuses blown , no relays blown , greased the auto levelling arms, not ceased,...auto electrician or Subaru diagnostic?

Sat nav update disc (2004) bit of a joke £250+ to upgrade?

thanks in advance..

If you are involving Trading Standards and are after a full refund, do not do anything to the car. If it slips out you have tried to do any repairs yourself (or other repairer), you will be deemed to have accepted the car and its faults. If it is as bad as your describe, and all these faults were not obviously visible when you examined it, you should be OK for money back, but may have to go through small claims court, if they don't cough up. TS might investigate any false statements, but don't usually get you your money back.

Thought a dealer would be safer.. How wrong can you be.. No chance of getting money back, , misleading and aggressive practices, sellling a vehicle contrary to section 75 road traffic acts, unsatisfactory goods act... Still won't play ball.. so going to have to sort faults myself..

I'm in the trade & I almost never buy from dealers.

dealers are the worst for lies, over pricing tat & ripping you off

Best cars are always found privately ...

Faults don't sound too bad but certainly going make expensive car :-/

Not a good start but hopefully no more issues arise ... good luck.

^ Mmm looks that way, I've looked at hundreds over the years & generally can sense a good car from the ad & a chat on phone.

You got look well though & test everything, also ignore the seller & use your own judgement.

Hopefully you learnt bit more & will get it right next purchase :-S