child seats

stants

Just been to mother care to purchase a maxi cosi easi base2 and cabrio fix seat. (NONE ISOFIX)

The lady at the fitting centre told me the base didn't fit but seat ok. On maxi's website there is no listing for foresters older than 2002. 2002 and above it said fit both fine. The belts and fitting look identical to my 97 forerster can anyone shed any light on this ? What seat are other people using, she said i'd struggle when it came to forward facing seats ?

Seats I had was from 3 in ones first 2 was both Mama's & Papa's 3rd was a Silver Cross. I had no say init and had to fight to get them in the car every time whilst the Missus sat there make sure her hair was ok or putting perfume on :(

I've been doing a bit of reading up it appears the problem is 'bIuckle crunch' the buckle straps are too long by all accounts. I'm trying not to worry about it till i need to as the worst case is changing the car. I'm hoping i can find some shorter buckles and just swop them over. How do i remove the rear seat to get at the fastening ? Looking on the internets there are seats with alternitive routes so i'll just keep looking

I had same problem with my cars (toyota corolla and impreza) at mothercare so went to Halfords and got a recaro young sport and a old one years back, as I have a 12 year old and a 2 year old. Never had problems with it on mot. I have never seen anyone get a seat from mothercare. It is buckle crunch, but most cars have this problem and most people are unaware.