my problems.....

dogma1

Right cut a long story short. changed my sub frame bushes few weeks ago then had what I thought was a wheel bearing issue. I then thought it could of been a diff bush problem as had a low humming noise, I changed diff oil and put anti slip in as well. Then went to Blackpool yesterday went ok there. got in car to come back and the car when reversing felt like it had a handbrake on carried on and set off I got a loud humming noise and a clicking from centre of car which increase on speed. I think I have a lot of play in prop,  as I never had this prop of the Impreza the one on that felt like it had little play. am I right in thinking that even being different prop it should feel same. I am now thinking of changing prop first then diff and bushes as low on money. :wacko: any other ideas may help my cause. 

If the humming gets louder as you speed up would say rear diffs had it. Other then that I would have said bearing 1st myself. Have you checked the break pads and disc see if there worn down or grinding I know they can make a nice loud noise.

new pads on back for calliper not checked the pads inside but the handbrake works fine and I can push the car forward and back. I am thinking it is diff myself but don't want to go down that road just yet. :(. May look at brakes when wheels come off for the prop. thanks for post I hav looked around and it look like they are weaker than the impreza ones. As never heard of it while I had them.

if you need any help with owt bud just gimme a shout, i would look at the doughnut ring bearings, try some wd in there, if it goes away for a while or even gets just a tad quieter then theres your problem

• Like 1

the Scooby now has a dog box on the back :D  :(  :(. it is now banging at the rear end at slow speed. I am waiting part and my hols to fix it. so work and back is all I am doing.