Sti spoiler fitting help

Swoggles

I have a 05 wrx and have collected parts to get an sti wing on. I have the boot lid and spring from an sti and recently got a used spoiler. I cant find a fitting kit anywhere so whats the best way to fit it and avoid leaks? I thought of getting some thin adhesive weather proof foam i saw on eBay. But i dont know what size would be best and how much i would need. Would I need it to run around all of the base plate?

Cheers!

when i changed my wrx spoiler to sti on my blob the spoiler came with,it looks just like draft excluder tape,its about 10mm wide,sticky 1 side and sponge on the other,can buy it from wilkos in rolls,look on underneath spoiler and you will see a type of channel just in from the edges,just tape it in their then bolt spoiler on and your good,it squashes down n dont leak.

I intend to keep it on but i don't fancy tiger seal, dam good stuff but a bit to permanent. Thats the stuff i was thinking off, its an abs rep so i will have to check it has that channel in it. Does it matter how thick it is? I was going to go for 1mm?

stuff i used was about 5mm then you no it squashed down,gives a bit protection for the paint as well,1mm i would say is a bit thin,if it dont have the channel just put the tape about 5mm in from the edge then it wont show.

• Like 1