Xenon HID conversion kit

Phila67

Evening peeps. Quick question for you all. Are HID conversion kits illegal in the U.K. I read this on one uk site that supplies the kits

Unfortunately no aftermarket HID kit is strictly road legal as you are changing the lighting system (halogen to Gas discharge) in your car and for this reason the bulbs can't be E marked which is a legal requirement. You also won't have the self levelling and washer systems installed which is also a legal requirement for HID, therefore all aftermarket HID kits are sold as off road use only.

So, has anyone done the conversion and then had problems with an MOT, the police etc and is it worth it.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

i had a hid kit in my blob,i still have them in the man cave,i didnt have a problem with mot but when you fit them you will need to get the light beam aligned or you will blind the hell out of people,i guess its same with police they never bothered me but if i didnt have them aligned right then they probly would.i dont no why they say the self leveliing is a legal requirement not all cars have that,also washer system if you take it off you will still pass mot so that not a requirement either,if its fitted to car then has to work but if you remove it so its like it wasnt their to start with then you wont fail a mot,its like saying you need a rear wiper,i removed my rear wiper on my wrx hatchback and pass mot no problem.

The problem is with the lenses come mot time. There is no light pattern due to the lenses being designed for halogen. It all depends on the mot tester. Some will check some won't. But come mot time just stick ur original bulbs back in.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The problem is with the lenses come mot time. There is no light pattern due to the lenses being designed for halogen. It all depends on the mot tester. Some will check some won't. But come mot time just stick ur original bulbs back in.