Respray questions

I am considering buying my second 05 Legacy (Estate) but the car would need a complete respray, noting special, just enough to look decent day to day. It would require a small amount of bodywork, minor rust spots etc. Just what you could expect from an 11 year old car.

Does anyone know roughly how much this might be, I have found threads suggesting around £1.5k up to £5k.

I am based in Huddersfield so would be looking for something fairly local, any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Hi James, I'm in Huddersfield as well and family/friends have always used a guy at Holmebridge, but I think he's moved. I'll find out as he's reasonably priced and does fantastic work. Only downside is he's often booked up in advance, mainly due to popularity. I'll try to find the name of the company and new location.

Darren

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk

Found the name, it's Stephen Tatchell and he's now located in Honley. Very easy to find on a Google search ;-) comes with very high recommendations. I decided I couldn't wait on my Honda S2000 and regretted straight away, just wasn't up to this guys standards.

if you don't have to paint roof then 1k to 1.5k will possibly cover job but actual panel condition & colour will make difference too.

Go too cheap & it will be awful & car not stripped finished or rebuilt well, factory paints from this era are super tough & no paint shop products match up to them & colour coded bumpers resprayed are a testament to this fact .

Darren, thanks, I am based in Brockholes so very close to me, i'll check him out. Do you know if he is on the cheaper or more expensive end of the scale?

I am not looking for a factory colour I want it in a dark grey from its current silver so all panels will need painting. Wrapping is an option but the bodywork would still need doing beforehand.

Just dont do what I did and go for a cheap place you will only regret it. I had my S2000 bumpers redone 3 times due to the bad paint match/quality of work and that was a place in Manchester.