Garage recommendation please.

Hey, I have just upgraded the rear brakes to those from a 2007 model, and while they work really well, the handbrake does not. The shoes and fitting kit are new, but for some reason, the place I took it to can not seem to get the shoes to do more than lightly touch. There is around 8 or 9 more rotations in the adjustment, but they are stumped and I am cheesed off! Can anyone recommend a garage in the Sandhurst, Bracknell, Slough area that can take a look at it, and hopefully fix it? Thanks a lot.

According to the garage that fitted them, yes I have. But they are not Subaru experts, and they could be wrong I guess. I believe they are 170mm, or at least the ID of the disc hub is 170mm, and they are the correct shoes. (So they tell me!)

Without hesitation take it to Proven Subaru in Haslemere. Not quite Bracknell area but not too far and I'm certain they will sort the problem. The service manager is Graham and theres nothing he doesn't know about the brand of the mechanics of cars... Top bloke and great customer service too... Yes they are main dealer so labour rates are a little higher, but you get what you pay for in my opinion!

Proven - 01428 853014

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Just spent about 30 mins over the space of 2 phonecalls speaking to Graham at proven Subaru. He has diagnosed the fault, and after a quick call to one of his contacts to double check, he determined the course of action was a couple of replacement brake top 'adjusters' and springs which should bring everything back into place. Total cost including postage is around £20!! This falls into line with something one of the mechanics said at the garage that fitted them, so hopefully all will be well in a week or so! I completely agree that Graham is a top bloke and will be recommending him to anyone in the area with a Subaru related problem!

• Like 1

Glad to help - I consider Graham the oracle when it comes to diagnosing problems... nothing is too much trouble, and he is a VERY busy guy! Top customer service all round. I've just ordered myself a 2017 WRX STI and am re-assured it will be in good hands come the time! (Oh and BTW, I'm a bit excited!)

• Like 1