a different window problem on 03 forester

brooklands

the car has been very good for my 18 months of ownership,

but a bit of a problem has developed with the drivers window, sometimes it won't go down when the switch is operated unless i jiggle the front passenger window switch on the drivers side, (sometimes it works without playing with passenger switch)  also when the drivers window is closed i can hear it trying to jerk up a bit more every few seconds.

the motor seems strong, it does'nt struggle when it does operate,

ive tried cleaning the switches with contact cleaner...no difference,    so i thought i might check the relay......if it has one.....?  could someone tell me it's location please?

any other thoughts are welcome....

thanks

phil

Relay is to right of drivers fusebox under dash & wants bottom dash panel off for access .
relay is same as some other circuits so can swap one for a test, relay cover is removable & can be cleaned inspected .
Picking up a cheap used drivers button panel can be helpful for diagnosis if running out of stuff you can check.
Try and test drivers motor with a direct earth & power feed and see how functions .