over boost?

scottishtaffy

cars been off the road for a few month and got her back on the road at the weekend and got severe overboost now. could it be the waste gate sticking, dodgy boost solinoid? or some thing else. ive no cel on the dash so did not think it was the solinoid as thought that would throw up the cel.also how tight should the wastegate rod be on the arm as when i took it off it sucked the rod back to the diaphram and i have to priase it out abot 8mm to go back over the arm?

I would just check all the turbo's pipe work make sure there is no splits or come lose. And also have a look at what Tlag said about the wires and the self diagnostic thingamabob that the classics have. Will link it in a second once I find it :D 

Subaru used there own system. Something like 'Subaru select' or similar.

You should be able to read codes without anything at all though. Older Scoobs have a pair of green plugs and pair of black plugs under the dash, just in front of your left knee if driving.

Connect the two blacks together and turn the ignition on until the lights come on the dash. You can then count the number of times the 'check engine' light comes on as it flashes.

A long flash is 10 and a short flash is 1.

That will give you your codes. It will scroll through all the codes it has and then repeat them.

Try that you never know might be able to narrow it down ;) 

• Like 1