How do I get my car ID for replacing Body Control Module on '06 JDM Legacy GT Spec B

Hello - I'm new to the forums so apologies if this topic's been done before and I missed it, btw.

Okay, I've got a really great condition JDM '06 GTB Twinscroll - EXCEPT FOR THE CENTRAL LOCKING!!!  The problem appears to be something to do with the Body Control Module, so this is happening:

1. Key fob doesn't lock the car (have changed the Battery, no response)

2. Drivers door lock (using it manually with key) only locks the driver's door, doesn't trigger the central locking

3. Central locking button by the electric window controls triggers the central locking

I'm not up to diagnosing or fixing that kind of thing, but the guys I have working on it (also doing the service, speedo conversion etc) tell me that it's a problem with the Body Control Module and I'll need to get the car specific ID for them to reprogram it (or replace it / whatever). This ID will be specific to the vehicle, but getting it is hard as Subaru UK probably won't be able to help with an imported car, and I might need to try and get the number from Japan. 

So before I start chasing up Japanese scooby dealers etc... I wondered if anyone here had any ideas? I've never directly imported a JDM car before (owned a couple) so I'm unfamiliar with this sort of thing.

Thanks in advance anyone who can help!

A 🙂

P3060103.jpg