Switchable map ? Help needed

GAZWRX

Hi I've just joined the forum in hopeing that someone can shead some light on this topic for me.

I baught a 53 reg Impreza wrx a few months back the person I baught it from told me it was remapped but I took no notice as I wasn't bothered weather it was or not. Once I test drove the car I was adiment it was not remapped as my ep3 r type wasn't too far behind it.

Anyways moving on heard about the switchable maps you can get. Apparently this is carried out by holding the throttle pedal down and the heated rear screen button. When I did this the 3 buttons for rear screen the AC and the other button all illuminated (can't remember what the other one is ). They will only illuminate as mentioned above with the pedal pressed. So I took the car down the road giving it big licks as you do and was adiment it felt a lot quicker and smoother also pulling harder towards the top of the Rev range. Although I may be just wanting that to be the outcome.

So I'm hopeing someone that has a switchable remap on their car can clarify that this is how you switch the map ? And that mine may have possibly been remapped ? 

All help and comments will be appreciated thanks

Hey
That is correct

The throttle pedal has to be 100% to the floor and just press the rear demister button once
To turn the map/car to basic setting or standard repeat the process.

Sent from my iphone using Tapatalk