What subaru impreza engine do i go for?

supernova

Hello I would like some advice as im new to subaru imprezas,im very interested in buying a 2005 Impreza 2.0 turbo Awd saloon but ive noticed there are also 2.5 turbo engines also available my question is what is the best engine all round ,il be using the car for commuting to work (around 60 mile round trip a day)not including weekends,what should i look out for on these models when buying second hand?many thanks in advance for any advice,Regards Tony

I don't think there is a lot in them. fuel saving wise and more torque and power band a little lower in the rev range for the 2.5ltr but not a lot in it, as you can mod the engines to suit the power you want. So other then Tax and maybe your insurance might want you to pay more. I've never had a quote to check the difference myself

Think also you will be looking at Blobeye 2.0 is 55 plate and they changed the engine for the Hawkeye to a 2.5. You might have had an engine swap at the car your looking at, so it's possible you might be getting a 2.5 Blobeye 

I've just finally let the Blobeye go but if I had the choice would have a 2.5 Hawkeye

But what ever you go for you wont be disappointed with either car

• Like 1