Would it be ok to

***I know there was discussion on this in another thread but I thought i'd keep this to wheels and tyres***

I picked up a set of 16" original sub wheels, only one tyre's good, they're all 205/50s....I've got 2 good continentals but they're 205/55s, would I get away with them on the same axle, or am I really as well sticking to everything the same size. I know (as I said the other day) it can cause diff problems, but I thought that maybe because it was just 5mm diffirence in profile, it might not cause trouble ......but maybe it still will, what do you think

Right I have done a lot of asking around today about this and have been told that it's not against the law to have same tyres on the same axle say 205/50 on the fronts and 205/55 on the back. I also asked some mechanics seeing as I was already there if it would knacker the diff with the sizes of tyre's, they said not at all even with AWD. They said you would need to have a 14" wheel's on the front then 17" on the back that would kill the diff but not the tyre's, they said even though there wider and does have more rubber on the ground they will still move at the same speed at the same time as the front's. It's just the alloy's that would if they was 2 different sizes :D 

God I need to get a life ;) 

• Like 1