Impreza turbo 2000

d2dgtd2dgt

Hiya there all.  Just a quick but annoying question.  Any input would be great.  Had the old Battery off my car for 2 days, put a new one on, and now the car turns over fine , but will not fire up.  The dash light flashes with "engine check". (Has the factory Subaru immobiliser).  Checked plugs and fuel is getting through.  Manual says could be immobiliser problem.  Could it be something todo with the keycode?  Thank you friends...

I would say a possible Immobiliser fault too.

But could be wrong type of plugs. Or HT leads not been placed on the right plugs. My friend bought a car that was meant to be a non starter. turned out It was just the leads had been put on the wrong plugs :D

I would check your Battery has enough life in it. As I have seen a new Battery need to be charged before for some reason didn't have enough juice in it when it was bought from the shop. But you would hear it struggle to turn the car over :(

Tough one this mate

• Like 1

Thanks Mr Gambit, HT leads in correct order and the car turns over with the new Battery no end.  Have got it booked in at SG Petch in Richmond, North Yorks week on Tuesday (where I bought it from) for it's 60000 mile service, cam belt etc.  I'll see what they say.  Will keep you posted, .hope they can sort it it may help others.  Thanks very much for your reply.

• Like 1