Subaru impreza ee20 engine swap

Gruff

hey everyone, im looking for some info about engine swaps for my impreza D 2009 thats gone pop.

ive found some options (2015 outback ee20 and 2014 forester ee20) but im not 100% sure if either would fit and what kind of work would need to be done to make it work with my impreza if it dose fit (ie electrics, plumbing  and that sort of stuff)

both are supposed to be ee20 engine and ive got the old engine for spares if theres anything i need anything to help the new engine merge with the car but i cant find info about any engine swaps for this.

another thing is the 2015 outback engine is an auto so i need to know if my old clutch and fly wheel would fit the crank shaft or would new parts be needed.

im not much of a mechanic so if im asking any stupid questions please forgive me. just trying to get my car going again. 

thank you for any help i can get 

• 2 years later...

Did you go ahead and try this?

just done it myself, took the gamble. 
2009 Impreza EE20 and fitted a 2014 EE20 from an outback. Had to swap many things over from the old engine, including the inlet manifold, most of the coolant lines, egr cooler, wiring loom etc but fired up first time 🫡