Proof of Manufacture Date

ab7ckm

Looking for some help with proof of manufacture date for my 03 Legacy. Having recently purchased a undeclared lhd import from Switzerland (its a long story!)

I am now trying to obtain uk registration via DVLA. Having had my first attempt rejected due to paying for 'petrol car' class road tax instead of PLG (this was the only reason for refusal) they have unbelievably rejected it again for a different reason stating that the evidence of manufacture date is not acceptable. (they wont back down on the fact that there was no mention of this in the first rejection!) 

Having no original Swiss log book I sent them a copy of the hand book first supplied with the car which contains date of registration vin & engine numbers, supplying dealer stamp, original reg, original owners details etc... now we all know that vin numbers have been pretty standard world wide since the eighties and the tenth digit gives the year of manufacture, in my case 3 for 2003, JF1BH9LR53G------ but this seems unacceptable for dvla! and are requesting a dating certificate. Has anyone got any ideas how I could achieve this either from this club or Subaru themselves? 

• 1 year later...