2012 Subaru Forester keeps stalling on idle???

Hi all,

really need some advice i have just purchased a 2012 Forester and it showing no fault codes it drives without any issue until it is in idle when as soon as you come off the accelerator is cuts out.

my mechanic is at a complete loss as to the cause, tick over rev level is fine until it just dies, maf sensor is good, it appears fuel pump is working fine, cant find any mechanical issues at all.

so we are at a complete loss as to how to fix this. Could it be electrical without a fault code?

if you feather the accelerator then it keeps running its only at stand alone idle it just cuts out.

has anyone else had a similar issue?

thanks

jon 

My 2010 Forester 2.0D does this sort of thing when these next two things are happening at the same time:

Air-Con is ON and the Fan is on Full Blast

It's not dying at idle, if the engine was at idle when activating these two above.

But as soon as I decelerate and leave it in neutral, that's when it dies.

It seems that the engine management needs a second to detect what the load is on the engine and adjust the idle fueling accordingly.

So, when my air-con and fan is on full blast at the same time, they tax the engine so much that it slows it down faster than the engine management is detecting its load, and thus is killing it.

I learned to overcome this by pinching the gas pedal for a fraction of a second after I pulled it out of a gear and I know I want to leave it to idle.

That solves the problem.

But I repeat: this only happens when both are true.

If say the fan is one step lower than full blast, then I can feel the engine slowing below the normal idling for a fraction of a sec after putting it neutral, but it recovers itself immediately and the normal idling kicks in.

And it never happens if all the electrics are ON but the air-con is OFF.

(air-con could be set on either - cold or warm, it still affecting it like I described)

Pay attention if yours is doing the same?