Subaru Outback 2.0D 2010 dpf and oil dilution problems

Hello!

Just wanted to share my story on how i fixed some common problems on my Subaru so it maybe helps someone else.

Ive hade dpf issues for a long time and stupidly ignored the severity of the problem. Only been doing forced regens at my local workshop without much luck, so the mechanic told the ECU a new dpf was fitted. This made the dpf warning disappear but came back eventually (I thought). After 1000km i was about to do a oil change when i noticed that the engine oil was dubbled the amount of full. This was the moment i checked the fault codes and found out it was not the dpf that the dpf symbol was warning about but rather oil dilution.

I changed oil and filter and a reset of the oil dilution counter and dpf light went off. Took it for a drive about 60km and dilution went to 3%. So i went to investigate what caused the massive oil dilution problem. 

Check on the obd scanner and found that there was no logged active regens since the mechanic told ecu a new dpf was installed which i think made (correct me if wrong) the car to get stuck in a regen and inject to much fuel. I knew the spot level at 50% and ash at 4% wasnt near the truth and suspected that the dpf was totally blocked. 

Took the dpf down and soaked it in water with dishwasher tabs and rinsed it and repeated it until filter came clear and reinstalled it. Also found a crack on the turbo end of the charge hose to the IC and had to repair that aswell.

After this i went for a drive of about 50km. At the beginning i went at 2500rpm idle and soot raised to 85% and regen was finally activated according to ECU which made soot level drop to 1%. And after 30km drive the oil dilution went down to 2% and soot stabilized at around 47%.

I think the dilution got so severe because of a combination blocked dpf/ engine running to rich because of the cracked turbo charger hose.

Hope this might help someone and please tell me if im right or wrong about the possibility of dpf getting stuck in regen.

Dpf cleaning pictures. Before and after:https://imgur.com/a/f7XyiWT