new mudflaps....but

LUIGI-3

so finally my new mudflaps arrived. so went on fitting fronts first which looks really good. but rears are bit of an worry. basically wheb i fitted fronts there is like a splash guard or whatever you call it onto which you can bolt your mudflap. but rear doesnt have it :huh: on the arch lip there are 3 holes and i suspect something was removed ? i didnt take pic of it yet, will do that tomorrow. any ideas please? here is pic of what they look like in front

EB449A41-C5CF-4DA4-B173-7E7E2B1188FF_zps3FC713E1-45ED-4FCF-84B1-D1EF96CB5A03_zps

I had some rally mud flaps and the were fixed to the car through the 3 holes in the rear bumper. Seems logical that you would use the fixing points as well.

i know what you mean mate but what seems strange is that you need something flat to mount that mudflaps against. i have 3 holes in bumper as well but they are in sort of vertical line. so half of the mudflap would not be bolted? anyway i will have to take rear wheels off to get proper access. but this is what it looks like

1D540948-7256-43BD-A4E5-985DE81A99AB_zps

The rally flaps came with a metal bracket. If I remember rightly they fixed to a piece of the body work at the back inside corner of the wheel well. Your flaps look quite rigid, if you offer them up does the inside corner of the flap meet the body work anywhere?

Have a look at this page.

http://www.oakos.com/product_docs/RA-MF1.pdf

There's is a pic near the bottom showing the fixing point for the inner rear wheel arch.

• Like 1

Ash - thats them mate :) how did you make them fit on rear? did you have to use any special clips or screws? they came with 4 screws for each flap but screws are too small to fit into bumper holes.

Thank s mate :)