UK300 Head Lights

Youngatheart

HELP i have been trying to remove my drivers side head light.

From the information i have found it is held in by 3 bolts.

I have taken the afore mentioned bolts out, but the unit will not come off. :(  It looks like there could be another fixing up under the wing. No other bolts are mentioned in the Manual,or is there some trick to removal. I didn't want to force it and brake something.

Can anyone advise Please.

I have had no trouble getting the bolts undone, the light unit seems free when pulled but something is catching, thats what made me think there was something else holding it in.

I am trying to be careful not to brake anthing as i still want to use the lights, its just i can't adjust the beam height. The chap i got the car off had different Head Lights fitted. He had the originals put back in but it looks like the linkage to the electric adjuster is not on properly, if i can get them out with a bit of luck i should be able to fix it.

All the clips and stuff from memory was from the grill side. The only thing on the wing side I can think that would hold it is the seal. If everything else is undone should just need popping out. I tapped mine until I got mad and gave it a bit of a crack and that was it came out :)

Should be fine, I would even get a small bit of wood and put that against them on the inside of the bonnet  just give it a few heavy taps, least with the wood you balance the force out over a bigger coverage :) 

Head Light is out :D.All it took in the end was a firm push from the back no wood needed :) The last fitting is a Bayonet type fitting into a nylon bush located on the left hand side of the unit, If you push the back of the Head light straight towards the front of the car it comes out. Thanks for the advice Gambit, if you have not taken one out before you never know if you are going to break something.

• Like 1