manual boost cobtroller for amateurs

tking_wrx

Lol, thanks for the reply mate& this is my first impreza so still learning, I would leave it off but it was originally fitted and was running around 1.5 bar and went like a bat out of hell but I though it was dangerous running 1.5 bar so took it tk a friend who has an impreza and they said you can remove it but now it is dirt slow and runs about 0.5 bar lol and it now runs lumpy as if it was misfiring?

Must have a leak somewhere

What mods has it got ? No respectable tuner would of mapped it with a manual one

They can run 1.5 bar but that's a limit on standard internals . Shouldn't go much more

Problem fitting a boost controller like that is if your car isn't mapped for. 1.5 bar the ecu doesn't know so therefore it will run lean or over fuel to like a limp mode state

Not saying it can't be done but it can if set up right with ecu flash software and det cans etc but takes forever

I 2nd that I have one in the car the one in the picture. I disconnected it after reading some horror stories less than a week after I fitted it. Worked well but I didn't want to risk it. 

hks-evc-4.jpg

my advice is avoid, mine came with one unfitted and i toyed with the idea of getting a nice cheap bhp increase, however i turned up at a local tuning company for a T piece. 

He had a 450bhp GTI R sat out front that hadnt moved for a while and when i queried why this was his response.

Fitted a blitz in car boost controller ( more expensive than manual) and after fitting my stage 2 turbo took it for a spin with a slight increase in boost. turned around and booted it and it spiked to 1.8bar. his turbo went bang as did the head on the engine.

I turned around and went him and binned my manual controller. If you want something doing do it right, £15 for the sake of 40-60bhp sounds great on paper, but is it worth £1200 + for the sake of a new engine and turbo.