Help with BOV?

Marc3007

Hi guys, I've just fitted a TurboSmart V Port Pro BOV and i just wondered if someone could help me with the settings? I don't know which setting to put it on, soft or hard? Ive never fitted one before so don't want to fiddle with it until i know what to do properly! Which setting will give me the best noise on nearly stock engine (K&N Apollo induction kit). Its on soft at the minute and gives a off a nice sounding whoosh (not too loud) and makes the exhaust pop which sounds awesome. Just want to make sure its not going to knacker my engine really! 

screw it all the way tight... then turn it about 3 full turns loose.
drive the car and go WOT in 2nd gear.. BOV... if you can hear flutter
that means its still compressor surging. get out of the car and turn it
1/2 turn loose.

repeat.

once you get close to the "perfect" adjustment, start fine turning at 1/4 or even 1/8 of a turn.

repeat.

this will take a couple runs, but at least you know you're BOV is tuned for YOUR car.

Borrowed from the evo lads. hope this helps

• Like 1

Ive had mine a while and played with it at different settings. Turbosmart recommend stiffer for hard driving and softer for normal as it keeps it nice and smooth on changes. The most important thing is its not too soft and causes a vacuum leak on idle after that its personal preference really. The compressor surge may happen in low revs but as long as its not full boost i wouldn't worry.

And don't forget to unscrew it all the way every few months and make sure the pistons clean and slightly lubed if it starts sticking you may as well have a blanking plate fitted

• Like 1