aicv(air idle control valve)

hi ,im wondering if anyone,can help please,my car was in a rear end shunt,just bumper damage,luckily,but since this accident my car stalked ,rigth after i was shunted,so did a engine code test,and came back as code 24..idle control vlave,,just wonderign how can this happen from a rear shunt,car that hit me did hit rear exhaust box,as never had any problems with car ,ever,now engine management light is on,and idles very lumpy,but car still drives,and pulls,brill,any one any ideas?,would be gratefull

Code 24 refers to the whole system not just the ICV.

What you have sounds like it losing pressure somewhere.

I'd check for any leaks around the inlet side of things, all the pipes to the turbo and inlet manifold check all the pipes for splits ect.

Check the exhaust seals espec at the down pipe,  if the rear box was hit then this may have moved the downpipe and broken the gaskets seal to the turbo. Worst case check the up pipe as the whole turbo assembly may have moved if it was that much of a whack and broken the seal to the up pipe.

• Like 3

many thanks,ile remove all exhaust,from manifold,and replace all gaskets,just incase,plus ile check all pipes(rubber ones) for splits etc,as i cleaned and removed throttlebody,just incase.but ile check everything you have mentioned,and post reply,as some one may have same problem in future,car still drives perfect,as i say just on idle is stalls: thanks for repsonce

• 1 month later...

just wondering,if uppipe has been damaged ,can this cause the car to miss,and idle lumpy?,as cant find any vacum leaks anywere,so was wonderign what symptoms up pipe would cause? as my ecu light is on ,also,runs lumpy now,misses,farts etc :0(