car not holding rev's

tommyb

hi wondering if anyone could help me my 2000 Subaru impreza inst holding revs when driving cant seem to find the cruising spot its either too little or to much which makes the car rocket off any help would b appreciated , this is my first ever Subaru :) 

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

I see you're from Sheffield I would recommend ringing Martin who's on here at Sheffield Subaru Services he's a top bloke won't charge you anything unless he does work on it and will advise you on the phone. Top guy I even do a 178 mile round trip to have work done by him. 

But I will asking has the car been modified i.e has anti lag on it ? 

Not heard of a car just shooting off when driving unless it has been tuned for it.  

hi mate

martin is spot on at Sheffield Subaru Services, he's the only person i trust with mine, been using him for over 5 years

i had a similar problem with my blob, i would press the accelerator and nothing happened, then press it a bit more and it would jump to nearly WOT. it was the throttle body that was sticking. once it was at 2k rev's or above it was fine though

Spoke with martin he is gunna have a look when i book it in any of you know what a safe boost is for my uk subaru just bought a boost controller for it ?

I think it is throttle body thou because if i adjust it so its high revving its fine but al let martin look at it , u dont have a diagram of how the oil feeds go to the turbo do you as the previous owner bypassed it for some reason