can you help me solve a problem ?????

bazza

hi guys been away a while ill health and all that....i have a v1 import turbo had problems with engine but have since had that replaced all good now but i do have a problem that i had when i had the other engine in the car and that is a hesitant feels like running on three then picks up and goes fine again it comes and goes...

we have done a pressure test all four on 145 also tested all sensors with multi meter and injectors all fine....im thinking could it be the fuel pump??..i had this problem when other engine was in the car so it could possibly be fuel pump ..

but could it be anything else i have brand new plugs ngk platinum .........

any help in solving my problem would be great as car on my driveway doing nothing and i keep looking at it knowing i can not drive it because of this !Removed! problem........please can you help

I would say try cleaning the MAF, mine was hesitant and even stuttered when I put my foot down. Cleaned the MAF and now runs sweet. Either that or try the coil packs. Only things I know of :)

Have you looked at the coil packs if it's the single packs they have a tendency to split underneath. Only other things is. idle control valve,02 sensor,cam sensor. You said you have checked Maf ?

And give the throttle body a clean :)

And no need to apologize about ill health mate. :) 

Just to clarify, you have the same problem now with the new engine that you had with the old engine?

What exactly was swapped? If you swapped just the long motor, then it's no surprise.

However, as you have tested all the sensors, coil pack, put new plugs in, etc, it can only be on the fuel side.

The fuel pump is a good call. Due to the way the fuel flows around, number 3 cylinder will not get sufficient fuel if the pump is weak. If you drive it like that, it will simply overheat on number 3 and cause a lot of damage.

throttle body maf clean coil packs all good checked all the sensors ....they are fine mmm.....tlag not driving it buddy as my boy confirmed it will do damage and he mentioned about a cylinder will not get fuel i remember him saying that couple of days ago i think i will probably change fuel pump dont think they are to dear thanks will do that first and see how we go ...maybe the pump is on its way out and change fuel filter ...cant think of any other cause

lol yeah dave  that was just the filter ....me rushing i just had a look at the pump and a quick read of it and the only mods i have are big front intercooler cone air filter could these be the cause of fuel problem and me needing better performing pump ? just a hunch and me trying to understand my problem....the mention in discription makes a lot of sensce to me as it does feel like it is not getting enuff fuel ... sorry but best i can esplain it were can i get my hands on one today

ok guys thanks  i will look into the fuel pump change and thinking back when i got the car the big front mount intercooler was fitted but not connected and was running with standard top mount intercooler maybe when i fitted or connected front mount intercooler my troubles began so im guessing if i want to run the front inter cooler i need remap and fuel pump or if i connect the top mount intercooler  my problem will be .solved am i right just a hunch........and the bigger cone filter i put on instead of the slightly smaller one ..mmmmm