Radio reception

Gooners Rule

Hi I was wondering if I could get some advice plz, I have a 54 plate wrx, I have put a pioneer mvh-350bt head unit in and to put it bluntly the sound quality is rubbish !!! Has anyone got any ideas on how to improve it plz

If it's the reception mate the blobeye had the same problem I had to get another aerial fitted as it's in the rear window :( And like you it was shocking couldn't even get the local one very well. Bought a dabs one that fitted the head unit works great now. 

But the speakers are pretty poor too if they haven't been changed both the Blobeye and bugeye have been upgraded now :) 

Not if the antenna has a hairline fracture which is common from what Bitman said with rear window aerials on any make or model car :( because the heater and the antenna are in the same place it distorts it once it's broken with no possible fix. Unless you get a brand new one fitted I mean window and elements I guess :( 

Now I'm not sure if it can be tested just to check it is that might be a wire near the head unit. But if you have checked all that I would say it's got damaged the same as mine :( 

If it works fine with the standard radio, the antenna isn't the problem.

They are powered aerials and get power from behind Stereo, some aftermarket plug adaptors don't have it connected for some reason. If I remember correctly, it's a white wire and pin 14. Just pull the New radio out and see if each wire on the car loom joins up with one from the Stereo

• Like 3

Yeah sounds like one of the two things then the single wires not connected to the unit properly but still receiving a faint signal or it is connected but damaged in the window exactly what mine did. was better in built up areas stangley :)  

• Like 1