Replacing 2002 Outback stock speaker

Hello Guys,

My first post here, I have a 2002 Outback and I'd like to replace the stock speakers - like a lot of other folks here as I noticed - but I don't want to do any modifications. Can anybody tell me a specific speaker model that will fit (6.5) in my car without any mods?

Or alternatively can you name a speaker where a spacer is included?

So far this was the only one I found and I'm not 100%: JBL GT6-6

thanks a lot in advance!

Shad

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

I agree and I know many others do too the speakers are awful :)  

I have 6.5 in mine but had to make MDF rings but that was many moons ago now you can just buy them from eBay already made for an extra few quid if thats any good to you. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsubaru+speaker+spacer&_nkw=subaru+speaker+spacer&_sacat=0

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C 

I agree and I know many others do too the speakers are awful :)

I have 6.5 in mine but had to make MDF rings but that was many moons ago now you can just buy them from ebay already made for an extra few quid if thats any good to you. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2047675.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xsubaru+speaker+spacer&_nkw=subaru+speaker+spacer&_sacat=0

Thank you for the quick response!

Do you think the Impreza spacers are the same as for the Outback/Legacy? I'd guess so but you never know. There are plenty on eBay for around £10.

EDIT: Just ignore, these are 5.25 and I need 6.5 :)

I'll try to find a suitable spacer or a fitting speakers but if anybody have an idea, let me know :) thanks!

Ta,

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, bit of a late reply, I found that a set of 4.5 went in the rear and a pair of 6" went in place of the stock 6.5 in the front. Mine were co axial so lost some of the mid/bass but solved that with an underseat sub.