The new sti's

Scooby monkey

Just been reading up on the new wrx/Sti. I was just wondering if Subaru have lost their way slightly with the new model. Firstly I'd like to point out I've not driven one so I'm basing this on figures only. It just seems like the out going model isn't quite as rally car as previous models. Now, I don't want to upset anyone here but the hatchback models weren't a patch on the saloon models and I wonder if Subaru have made the impreza too much of a marketing product rather than a rally bred car on sale to the public. Having driven a few impreza's the choice I'd make would be the wr1, or a widetrack import '05 ish. Huge power, twin scroll turbo etc, great handling and big smiles a guarantee. Is this the case with the new model? I'm just curious btw....

From what I've heard and like yourself not driven one but would like to if anyone from Subaru UK feels like letting me ;) ;) That their sold underpowered with the possibility of a remap after 6 months. from the videos I've seen they have kept it like the rally cars well similar to the cars of old like the new age salon. Only thing I can see that seems to be missing is they used to be massive power for a fraction of the cost of say a porsche and 300BHP in todays terms doesn't seem like a massive amount with todays cars that are also on the market :(    

they lost there way after 2001, stupid emission laws and the budget crisis have shifted most car companies to make these saloon business going crap cars. they shifted the market from enthusiasts to motorway and business users, and as such lost not only the aggressive looks of the car but performance. how can ford get over 250 from a 1.6 yet the rally kings subaru cant get much over 300 with an extra 600cc.

Hmmm not sure about 2001 I still think the hatch is a great car with rally running deep within it still. I'd say the 2012 onwards went sour a bit. But love the new STI the look of it anyway I'm sure I'd love the drive of it too. I'd like to see one done as a rally car too if I win the lottery maybe a project :D