Forrester 2014 2.0 XT

bonzo99

I have just joined the Suburu Owners Club as i recently bought an 2.0 XT. I have been an owner of a 3.0 Outback for 10 years.

On my XT which is an early 2014 model I find that the Battery is flat if the car is left for more than 2.5 weeks as I am often away travelling.  The garage says there is nothing wrong and the Battery is OK.  All my previous Subarus going back for 22 years have never suffered from a flat Battery having been left for up to 4 weeks.

Has anyone got any thoughts?  Thanks

Old is gold. Lot of new stuff really neglects common sense.

Do check what alarm setting options are available, some have settings for long parking duration low power usage.

A decent Cat1 alarm & decent car Battery should last past a month.

• 4 weeks later...

My son's MX5 is on my drive while he is abroad. I have to charge the Battery every 2/3 weeks, it has a Toad alarm fitted.

Where do you keep the car? If garaged leave it unlocked, it needs the chipped key to start it. Or lock it manually with the key so the alarm isn't set. Another option is to leave it on a trickle charger.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I've had to have a new Battery fitted last Wednesday (11/2/14) as It refused to attempt to start the car - all other instruments and self test were performed.  Put the Battery on a CTec smart charger for half an hour.  It started but some weird flashing of some of the instrument lights - cruise control for one.  Drove staight to the dealer.  Car was registered as a demo by Subaru UK.  It's a 2014 model Forester XT first registered in October 2013.  Fitting a new Battery at our new dealership in Jersey sorted it all out.  I had no problems with the new dealer.  Gave me a loan car for the rest of the day, without hesitation, while they investigated the problem.  They have literally been in operation a few days.

I had used the car last on the Saturday previous where it was not unlocking the doors after a drive to the shops.  This happened 3 times before behaving itself once more.

I've not had satnav problems encountered on another posting but it does lose connection frquently in the same places in Jersey.  On its first service last September I had the satnav updated at the same time.  The update was foc as part of the service.  Not sure if this is Subaru's policy or the dealership - Dorset Sports Cars - from whence I bought it.  Good service there.

willyphixitt