Fog Light Switches

Dino

Hi, both my front and back WRX 2007 fog lights work, but the switches in side the cab don't light up. I presume both should provide a small light in the switch head when pressed (engine running) because there's a small light slot in each. So, how do you get the light switch button off or out to replace the bulbs inside please?

ok, I found the rear fog lights register in the dash when on. The front ones don't, rather there's a light bulb in the button itself which must have gone to bulb heaven. So, need to see how the front fog light button comes out... rather awkward under there but will see what I can do without busting the button trying to get it out. Can't see the logic in having them different... perhaps front fog lights were an after thought on the hawkeye lol

In the UK it is a legal requirment to have a warning light to show when the rear fog light is on, so if that isn't working you may have an issue come MOT time, depending on how keen your tester is!

Most Subaru switches I've seen are the same basic design but have a different shape cover to suit whichever car they are fitted to. You can take them apart to change the bulb but it's a fiddly job as they have a number of small parts, and finding the correct type bulb seems to be a little bit hit and miss. You could save yourself a lot of hassle by looking for a complete working switch on eBay.

Update to my previous post...

Just had a look at a Subaru switch and I've noticed you can change the bulbs without taking it apart by removing the round plugs at the side.  Makes the job much easier than I remember it!  Not sure where you would find the correct bulb though.