54 reg subaru forester heater problem

Johnny4

Had my subaru forester x 54 reg couple of months now and having a problem with heater all work as it should heater direction, blower but the temp dail ive got to set to max for heat to come out if i turn it down one or 2 clicks it blows cold on screen ive looked near steering wheel where theys a rod when you turn dail it moves in and out but only when it gets to max heat i can hear a flap open well that what it sounds like and i get max heat and it never overheated and gauge never moves thanks for any help getting abit cold out they dont want to have no heat in this weather

Thanks for any advice

Johnny

Hi mate welcome, could be the heater matrix gone funny, do you have air con? Could be low on gas or have you had any work done on the car recently that has needed the coolant to be drained ? Maybe an air lock

Air con works fine and heat works ok if set to max bit hot but works but turn it down couple of clicks it goes cold on screen never had any work don't to it since I've had it cars only done 40,000 miles it like if I turn heater temp down it sounds like a flap closing just a thought on sound I hear

Thanks for any help

Johnny