Sixth Subaru!

orienteer

Had a couple of non-turbo Imprezas in the 90s, then a series of Foresters: two non-turbo autos, SF and SG. Kept the SG for eight years, longest I've ever kept any car, then in 2011 bought an XC diesel.

Great economy, but I got fed up with all the clutch work creeping in heavy traffic, so have just exchanged it for a new SJ XE CVT, According to the figures, it's almost as economical as the manual diesel - we'll see! Other owners have reported good mpg figures.

So far so good! Will have to wait until it's run in to push it harder. The CVT seems to work well, haven't really tried the the paddle shifts for the fixed ratios yet.

The auto wipers, lights, and engine stop/start work well  :)

Same weedy horns as before, will replace those with something less derisory, and am looking out for a s/h full size spare to replace the cost saver.

Haha the horns are pretty weak. Id have thought that would have changed by now. I guess the makers must like the girly noise mind youbi have watched manga cartoons so I geuss I'm not far wrong.

I think they fit the cheapest they can get away with, doubt anyone blows the horn in the showroom  :)

Waiting for some new ones ordered on fleabay, as well as side cargo nets, which are cheaper from the US than here.

Japanese girls are much better in real life than in manga, in fact I married one as a JDM personal import many years ago  :D

• Like 2

Japanese girls are much better in real life than in manga, in fact I married one as a JDM personal import many years ago  :D

You know the routine, without photos we dont believe you :D