Help Please CLUTCH

Banks

Hey I have a wrx300 on an 05 plate clutch has never been done before so I wanna get in done can any one recommend a good clutch not much but not to cheap Ive been told by a friend about upgrading the clutch and the mass flywheel any help would be great or a link to the item

I'm hoping to do with my friend so don't want to mess around to much

Many thanks post-3673-0-20184300-1422107465_thumb.jp

Yeah I agree with Dino. I've never Done one always just paid for it because I know there a pig to do and with no set of ramps to work under i just don't fancy it. But between. 350 to 400 for a cluth supplied and fitted ftom most place's.

That's great Ty but really need to know what clutch I should buy my friends a mechanic so should be fine I myself have done head gaskets on marine engines gearboxes so I'm hoping between us we will be ok many thanks

I don't have a style as such.My approach is !Removed! my clutch is knackered I better change it.I dragged mine out on purpose over a week,For one the weather was !Removed! and didn't want a cold back and be ill and the second reason was I was off all week so no need to rush.I could have !Removed! it in a day in my back garden.I actually enjoyed doing it.Today I had to do a run to leeds in an artic I got back to Manchester about 10.30 this morning my boss said do you fancy changing a radiator on a Daf cf I said ok.Ive never touched one in my life but I did it.I think its how you go about things

Exedy all day long, standard one is good enough and not expensive, avoid paddle clutches unless you want to end up with constant whiplash and also everyone thinks that you cannot drive as there jerky as hell at low speed.

Thanks guys I was looking at the exedy clutches one wit a lightend flywheel I want to get the car up to about 300 hp it's currently 265 because its a pro drive I've looked and looked but can't seem to work out what one I need any help or a link or the best place to buy from

Exedy stage 1 clutch kit.

Wouldn't bother with lightened flywheel on road car but nice refinishing/skimming on current one is a must for a proper job.

Like Ricky says the box on the subaru as damn easy, far easier than many front wheel drive cars & you have quite good room around it for working. Other plus is nut & bolt quality is far better than french & german tat & some thought on dismantling is visible in sizing & design of things so compared to a hdi pug it an absolute pleasure of a job :-)

Thanks guys

Ok so I had a guy that skimmed a head for me he can do the skimming on the fly wheel now I just need to find the clutch I have a 5 speed gearbox and the car is a 2005 any ideas I looked but all seem to be for before 2004

Thanks guys I was looking at the exedy clutches one wit a lightend flywheel I want to get the car up to about 300 hp it's currently 265 because its a pro drive I've looked and looked but can't seem to work out what one I need any help or a link or the best place to buy from

What sort of mpg do you get on your Subaru at 265bhp

Thanks guys

Ok so I had a guy that skimmed a head for me he can do the skimming on the fly wheel now I just need to find the clutch I have a 5 speed gearbox and the car is a 2005 any ideas I looked but all seem to be for before 2004

If your after a quality clutch and a decent price get a 3 piece exedy clutch. They are in a region of about 150-220. And the work take about 5.5-6 hours by a mechanic.