License plate fitting

robwrx

How's it going lads. Just had my license play blown off by the jet washers yday :(. And who ever owned car b4 stuck it on ruff an the where it holds it on has been remove. So I've been looking and decided to replace it to where my tow hook goes. Only one problem. Perrin want close to £85 any ideas where I can get a cheaper one thanks.

Hi mate sorry just changed the title for you as I thought you was trying to sell one. I'm guessing thats why nobody replied :) 

Mines just screwed on front and back or bolting them on. So not sure how you mean with your's have you had it moved to the side of the bumper so it's no longer in the normal place ?

I just punched two new holes in with screws mate only about quarter of an inch screws didn't drill it just make sure the licence plate holes don't line up with the bigger holes can higher it or lower it then just screw it on. Can get more double sided tape from Halfords but I find it comes off anyway when wet like you have found out. I lost my back plater because of the same thing :( 

Just had a look it it, all you need is a bit of ally tube somone who can tap you a thread on then something the size of number plate to attach onto.

Even more Ghetto solution, get a spare towing eye paint find something you can use to affix plate to and onto eye a flat peice of 15mm mild steel would do about a foot long put a 90 degree bend on it at the bottom bolt through eyelet and attach plate