over boosting

weeksy

Stants thats all gobbledy !Removed! to me but i will mention it to the guy who does my engine work.

It boosts fine until 3rd-5th gear full throttle i can moderate this by not burying the pedal

How long you had the car ? Have the symptoms just started ?

Basically if you lift the bonnet and look at the area to the left of the tmic you'll see the turbo housing there will be a small arm running from a round circular bit sticking out to the left bit like a very small biscuit tin check that this isn't obstructed. As for the solinoid follow the vacuum lines from the top of the turbo to the left hand suspension turret you'll see it attached to a bracket will be something a bit larger than a clipper lighter with at least two hoses coming out

How long you had the car ? Have the symptoms just started ?

Basically if you lift the bonnet and look at the area to the left of the tmic you'll see the turbo housing there will be a small arm running from a round circular bit sticking out to the left bit like a very small biscuit tin check that this isn't obstructed. As for the solinoid follow the vacuum lines from the top of the turbo to the left hand suspension turret you'll see it attached to a bracket will be something a bit larger than a clipper lighter with at least two hoses coming out

The symtoms only started yesterday Stan,ive owed the car since march 30th last year just not very intelligent to be honest so i let my friend do all my mechanics he specializes i subarus.

Im keen to learn though so i will have alook tomorrow after work,look only as i dont want to do anything to harm the running.

Plenty of how to guides all over the Internet, cleaning out the solinoid is easy get some brake cleaner, put the car into diagnostic mode with green connectors under dash, take off vac pipes and spry in top hole for ages, don't forget to put a rag under bottom hole to catch the crap,

Have you checked the diagnostic for error codes