Severe Knocking

Ricky59

Hi not sure if anyone has experienced the same but I am haveing severe knocking coming from the wheels when turning a corner. This does not happen all the time as you would expect if it were the obvious CV Joints. The knocking only appears at parking speeds after traveling about 5 or 10 miles. When it is cold you can put it on full lock and nothing happens. I have a suspision that it may be the Diff lock but others are telling me that it is the gearbox has anyone had a similar experience if so what was the solution. Any help much appreciated.

Knocking !?

Do you here or feel the knocking or both ?

How much steering lock is needed to cause it ?

Does it happen left & right lock ?

Do you here any noises when turn steering while stationary with engine running ?

I only get a nocking at low speed left 3/4 lock and as I've replaced all suspension apart from the arb bushes I'm running out of ideas, I ordered some but the wrong ones were sent, had the old bush out and it was fairly dry and quite perished. So I'm guessing/hoping it's the culprit.

I may get sounds at higher speeds but probably don't gear it due to other nvh going on

Mr B.

Definitely hear and feel the knocking, it only needs about half lock to start the knocking off and yes it happens on both right and left lock hear nothing when the car is statioinary with the engine running. Like I said it only happens at parking speed after the car has done about 10 miles nothing when the car starts from cold.