just drive!

I_MNL

Hello all!

I found this forum when I was googling about "WRX STi 2015 remap" and thought I should join. I have been thinking of the fast Subaru for a while with its AWD system

Yesterday I test drove the new WRX STi in Knutsford and I loved it so much that I ordered one! In white... The dealer said that they can remap it to 350hp and of course I want this or a bit more if possible. What do you think?

thanks

• Like 1

Wotcha and welcome - we have a few members on here with the new shape - very nice piece of kit - a remap sounds like an ideal first step - dont know about anyything more as Im not certain on the state of the engine internals and what they will take as standard

Thanks for the reply.

I spoke again to the dealer and they said that this tuner only deals with the dealers and not with private individuals, so they could not tell me the name.

Anyhow they said the car should be here in 2 weeks (from another dealership)

I just hope that it is from this year and not from 2014!!!!

So you've ordered a new wrx sti and don't know what reg your getting? Lol

I assume you've ordered from mangoletsi.

I have only heard good things regarding them and the remap. Haven't driven the mapped one myself. Does it also have the aftermarket exhaust? (believe it's hayward n Scott if it does).

The main thing I'd personally consider would be the warranty. As it is modified, the warranty won't be with subaru uk, probably a third party via the dealer.

I might get shouted at for directing you elsewhere, but on scoobynet in the members gallery, there is a MY15 STI thread where this is mentioned a fair bit. Might be worth having a quick check on there.

And I'm sure you'll enjoy it haha

• Like 2

It is indeed with Mangoletsi!

I'll check with them what you pointed out; very helpful.

Actually when I went to test drive the car, before we went for the drive, I asked that we open the bonnet and see the engine. Straight away the sales executive said that this is the remapped to 350hp and if I wanted this can be done to mine as well! That a customer had driven both versions of 305 and 350 and he could tell a big difference.

I will ask tomorrow about the warranty and as to why the car will be here in 2 weeks from another city.

When I mentioned 2014, I don't really believe this, but sometimes there are new unregistered cars with 0 miles that have been waiting for a couple of months or so. But for a WRX STi, that I hear they sell like hot cakes....I would like to doubt this may happen

Anyway I should clarify this as well. At the end of the day we can tell the year/month of production from the chassis number, so a reputable dealer would do things right!  :)

Make sure you drive both if you can.

The standard model seems to pick-up around 3k revs, boost kicks in and before you know it your shifting up imo.

Absolutely love being in mine.

That being said, with the new civic type r and the focus rs kicking out around 300-350hp, I guess I can understand why people feel the scoob should have a bit more.

As for dealers saying they are selling like hot cakes, that might be the experience at some but I was able to eventually get a decent deal so don't let that put you off a bit of haggling etc (not much room granted but should get some basic extras thrown in in my experience).

Oh, and the countdown is 13 days now ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I look forward to enjoying driving again when I pick mine up after 2 years in an 11 plate 1.2 auto micra! Saving for a wedding (and new car, the scoob is a wedding present to myself...) for 2 years means cars have taken a back seat til now :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Nearly 2,500 miles in 2 months :)

And I do not drive the car much!!! Can't wait for the weekend to come!

Also, just to clarify... as you may not see me in it often... as I am lucky enough to have access to other cars B)  as well

So, when I am not in the white STi, if you ever see a blonde female driver in a light green or light blue Jaguar XJ X350 or a black BMW ALPINA D3 (this is manual of course :D ) either waving or flashing or trying to keep up with any of you, it will be me!!!

Soon clocked them miles up :) 

Not a fan of the Jag more a car I'd want to be chauffeured in :D Bmw's nice car though meant to be quick too I believe quickest diesel on road :ph34r:  

Mind you the Jags drive better than I'd thought, altough, as I always say, the automatic gearbox "kills" the performance of the engine.

The new F30 ALPINA D3 BiTurbo with its 6-cylinder 3lt is indeed the fastest diesel car on the road, but comes only with an automatic gearbox. Mine though is the humble E90 D3 saloon with the one turbo, has 6-speed manual gearbox and a 4-cylinder 2lt engine...

Hopefully this weekend I'll take the Sti out for a good drive!

• Like 1

I've only ever driven an X-type jag I can see why people like them but wasn't for me liked my M3 when I had it but I'm sure it just wanted to kill me  :lol: So out of the 3 which is your favourite and you don't have to say the STI to be nice ;) 

They are different. I'm loving them all. They compliment each other.

The XJ is a fast comfortable luxurious car: a mobile carpet or a lounge on wheels :lol:

The D3 is fast, economical, quiet and relatively comfortable for its 19" alloys :rolleyes:

The STI is fast and furious, surprisingly more comfortable than the D3, and loud :P

When I first drove the STI with my boyfriend and after a couple of hours when we came back and stop the car, he said to me: "I'm getting a headache, just turn the engine off; I want some quietness!!!"

I see other people's reaction:

When I drive the XJ, they may jump in front of me sometimes, as they think..."an old man's car...bah won't be going fast..." :angry:

When I drive the D3, they pull over out of my way B)

When I drive the STI, they don't even think to get on my way :ph34r:

• Like 1