Hi from Essex

hello boys and girls, I have 93 wrx which just failed an MOT on a few minor faults, one of which was exhaust unsecure,bolt missing from front bracket,anyway i replaced the bolt and sorted the other faults and yey it passed, since then it's developed a vibration at about 3500rpm right where the exhaust is bolted. Has anyone got any ideas other than take the bolt out.Please help it's driving me nuts. 

Hi mate welcome to S.O.C

Is it maybe to long I can't really think why it would do it. I take it since you have removed it it's stopped ?

I would maybe then just put it in for MOT time :D

it's not to long,it's just the right size. yes it does stop the vibe when it's out. Took the car for a test drive last night and the exhaust has now developed a raspy sound to it,very tinny not the usual solid grunt. Maybe a complete strip down of the exhaust system is needed? :angry:    Would leaving the bolt out stress the front and rear fixings?

:( should be fine as long as all the other bolts are tight and holding it in place. I would say like myself you will worry about it now because you know about it :D  

And was you giving the car a bit of a boot to errrm clean the injector's. Yep go with that :) and then you get the tinny sound ?

If you was shouldn't worry about it should go back to normal sound after a minute or 2 of normal driving mine does it. But if its all the time like you said might be worth getting it on the ramps again and having a good look at it :(

And as for the bolt I'm not sure strange that it does that when it's been put in. I would say it's forcing it past what the pipe wants to be so when driving it and getting warm and expanding is maybe the course but is pure guess.

Not sure it will help to be fair. you can hear mine outside the car or inside with the windows up but I guess it depends on how loud it is mine is noticeable but wouldn't say loud. :)

ok i'll try strip it down clean the joints, slap some new paste in and bolt it all back up,see if that helps. as for the vibe on the center bracket, i'll do what you said and remove the bolt till it's time for another MOT.

• Like 2