Best air filter for a Hawkeye WRX.

HawkeyeSteve

Hi all :-)
I am now the proud owner of a Hawkeye WRX (photo attached) :-)
It will be going for a service next week. But ahead of this, I want to get an uprated air filter - rather than paying for a STD one that will need replacing - that will improve breathing and last longer.

So, I have two questions:

1) Which air filter (that will be a direct replacement for the STD item) is best.

2) Where is the cheapest place to buy it.

Thanks loads for your time and advice guys :-)

Steve.

post-4329-0-17178100-1432543574_thumb.jp

I've just fitted the Pro-R / Pipercross panel filter to my STi, but have used K&N (with no issues at all, even though the oiled filters get warned against due to MAF sensor). Also used ITG in the past with no problems and good quality filter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've just fitted the Pro-R / Pipercross panel filter to my STi, but have used K&N (with no issues at all, even though the oiled filters get warned against due to MAF sensor). Also used ITG in the past with no problems and good quality filter.

Thanks for that :-)

Yes I had a Pipercross in my last car, so know that they are a solid performer. Is there a 'best place' to buy these kinda things for Scoobies?

Lots of places around like ScoobyWorld and such, I bought mine from subarupartsstore which I believe is one of the main online dealers for Pro-R merchandise. I'm sure there are loads of people on here with good supplier recommendations.

• Like 1

Heard good things about Cosworth filters, and a few people mentioned having them on here with positive comments. Don't know much about RamAir. I'd go for Cosworth out those two ;-)

Cos worth one is a 'normal filter' and will need changing every service

That's a good point. The guy who is going to do the service recommends JR filters (which I must admit I have never heard of). They are about the same price as Pipercross which are about £5 cheaper than K&N.

It is a bit of a mine field to me!

Any suggestions as to which will give the best airflow in without a loss of filtration?

Steve.

Hi guys,

In the end, I decided to go with what I have used before and get a Pipercross replacement panel filter.

It worked well on my last car, so hopefully it will be as good on this one too :-)

Thanks for all the comments :-)

Steve.

• Like 1