impreza variant?

nitro12

You're right [emoji51]

It's still the 1st gen foz which is pretty much a 'classic ' shape impreza. So brakes and other things are straight swaps, struts and bits like that are almost the same, spring rates are different due to a little extra weight carried by the foz, and top mounts differ, the fronts are the same as classic impreza but the rears are the same as new age cars,

Engine is pretty much the same too, just check what version you have, mines a 97 foz which is a ver 3/4 impreza engine roughly speaking

I'm looking into exhausts at the moment, second hand, can't afford new lol, so if i look for one for a classic impreza turbo from the same year it'll be the same? is it called a classic or is there a technical term for them?

They should do however the backbox will need the hangers repositioning and i've been told it needs lengthening by a couple of inches as the way it sits round the diff is different

That's alright was thinking just a decat for now till I can find more funds, quite a challenge deciding weather to go down the road of better off road or better on road

How often do you go off road ?

Mine is pretty much road based as I go off road maybe a week a year in total, by which I mean driving round farmers fields and the occasional snow, it copes with all of this no problems on the standard suspension

Quite often but it's just gentle off roading, mostly dodgy farm lanes, I need to keep it balanced so it can do it all really, my plans are an exhaust system and air filter of some kind to make it sound a bit better and some all rounded tyres, and maybe some 4 pots when I come across some, very confusing knowing what parts fit off what models haha

You'll need bigger wheels to accommodate the four pots, i'd go with a panel filter not much point in going for a cone, unless your after bigger power, may be worth investing in a remap aftwr the exhaust and filter should see better mpg too

Ah cheers, the 4 pots where nearer the bottom of the list anyway and wheels aren't the best looking things so that'll do for the future, I'm torn between a panel and cone filter, I prefer the panel being inclosed Incase I find some deep water one day, but the cone will give me better sound won't it? Had plenty of cone filters on previous cars and they sounded good enough, never heard one on a decent car yet hough yet :-)

Trouble is with ours is the engine bay gets so hot the cone ends up getting heatsoaked unless you remove the resonator and stick it in the wing recess, wouldn't be ideal if your wading through big puddles [emoji52]

Err... As far as I was aware there's just the one cat :-/ I'll have to get underneath and have a proper look, any idea what bore the standard exhaust is? Seen a couple either 2.5 or 3 inch, is 2. 5 standard or not?