Exhaust rattles

Exup1000

I'm pretty sure the cat down pipes are f@@ked as I'm getting a really tinny rattling when the revs drop through about three thousand range.( I couldn't hear it earlier when I was doing 130 I mean 70 damn it!!) anyways Shall I get custom ones made or put standard ones back on? Either way, can anyone point me in the general direction on some

Have a look underneath, it could just be the heatshields that are rattling, sounds like that as you say it's tinny, they usually rust at each end but sit on top of the pipe rattling with vibrations

Yeah that's what I thought, and they are rusty. They've got that heat shield sound, I removed part of one the other day and checked the rest was secure but it's still the same. I'm off to France for the week, but I think it'll be up on the ramps and have a proper look while the brother inlaw is pushing the accelerator

Yep if it was after a good boot mine does it mate then goes after a few mins nothing to worry about. But if its still doing it after a normal drive without taking it close to the limit then could be a little more to it :) 

And glad to hear you are sticking to the speed limits :D

Ah yeah, that didn't even cross my mind. I've got reals of carbon wrap from my motorbike exhaust.i think I'll do that, thanks miggs for jogging my brain into action.

Oi gambit, a scooby driver actually said a full blown hello to me first earlier.obviously I return the gesture like the gentleman i am

• Like 1

Haha you are now a full fledged member of the Subaru world :) 

well I see a legacy today again and waved nothing he even looked right at me. Not a thing. Must be the gimp mask that put's them off  :unsure: when I'm dressed up on my way to go dogging.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

glad i could help bud

i wave when i see another scoob but only 40% wave back, most give the gormless "who the fook is that" look, i find if i'm wearing my sunday outfits they always wave back, blonde wig and low cut dress does that lol