pre cat oxygen sensor 1993 wrx sti

rangie

Hi ive just fitted a full stainless exhaust system to the wife 1993 wrx jap import I could not get the sensor out of the turbo pipe without snapping it I tried all the methods using WD 40 even heat but no luck now im having trouble finding one that fits its very thin at side of the other 2 lamba sensors ie the 1 in the front manifold and the 1 near the back its also a round fitting were it goes into the loom and everyone I see is square plug fitting I think its a 2 cable 1 but it has steel braid all around it were all the others are plastic or heat proof covering  here a picture of the same 1 any ideas were I could get 1 from or would I be as well having it remapped with out it  

post-1134-0-96673200-1373489129_thumb.jp

regards jerry

There is a special tool to help in the removal of the sensors but if they haven't been copper slipped before fitting then most will break like that, best thing to do is drill it out, if you make a mess of the threads get a heli ccoil kit and re do the threads, make sure the new sensor has copper slip on when fitting, the difference in sensor plugs and wires is due to import and UK being different, try cotcomp for a genuine part, let them know the type of plug you have and they should be able to sort one out, don't bother with the cheap eBay universal ones as they only last 5 mins

There is the option of mapping them out but if it's just for that it won't be cost effective, Andrew Carr has one of the best reputations I know of for mapping, it's a live map too, he takes you out in the car and maps it to suit your driving style

• Like 1

My missus has has a grinding noise for a few weeks when braking, I got in the car the other day and heard it, she said, "oh Yeh, I meant to tell you about that the other day" turned out there was no friction material at all left on the rear brake pads, it was metal backing of the pad against metal of the disc, now it stops twice as fast when you brake, !Removed! women

• Like 1