Crank pulley wheel

Exup1000

Crank Pulley came undone last night, Got relayed home and I'll check the end of the crank shaft tonight for woodruff key damage, there was some on the inside of the pulley wheel so I'm hoping that took the force.out of interest what's the pros and cons of lightweight pulleys?

post-988-0-48929800-1374046286_thumb.jpg

Having removed the pulleys of an engine I can say that some of them can be weighty, with lighter pulleys the engine will rev up quicker and you can gain up to 15 ponies with the right setup, theflywheel is worth lightening too if you get a nnew clutch I'd look at buying a lightened and balanced flywheel ready for when you put the clutch in

I've seen a few with this kind of issue. Hopefully the woodruff key has taken the brunt of the damage. The pulley is easy enough to replace if that's damaged, but if the crank is damaged, thats a whole engine strip down. :(

Same thing happened to me a few years ago but luckily I was less than 100 yards from home at the time.

The standard wheel has some weight and thus acts like a second flywheel. Pros for going lightweight are quicker throttle responce and more eager to rev, Cons are it will be harder to drive smoothly in town and more likely to stall when pulling away from standstill.

as said in the other thread, if you want the stock parts just get me a pic of what you require and i will dig em out the garage and post to you for the cost of the postage

• Like 1