Timing belts and kits , good/ bad/ no ugly ....we don't do ugly here

Exup1000

Need to get a timing belt kit ASAP.i found a recipt with my car history but there was no mention of a full kit and the price did not reflect this, so I'm replacing the lot while I'm in there.

I don't want a cheap kit, it's not that I'm made of money ( the wife is) its that I'd rather put the best I can on there I can. Found gates and cosworth so far, I heard though that some gates belt aren't all that i'e their racing belts.

What's everyone using ?

• Like 1

as long as once it's on you leave it on and do external mods like turbo and injectors and so on, once the cam belt is removed you shouldn't use it again as even if it's only done 500 miles on the belt it's had time to stretch and releasing it then tensioning it again risks it failing

Miggs make a very good point. I have read some many threads of people re using belts to same money.some do get away with it I guess,but it's the main thing that keeps it all together and isn't worth the risk EVER