subaru impreza wrx sti prodrive 2002 6 speed gearbox pump

sp_autos

Thanx bud.. but I really can't afford to spend anymore money on the subaru.. The garage said there must be a reason why the centre diff went.. (which we pin point it down to the needle bearing) then the question was why did the needle bearing fail?? Could it be possible the gearbox oil pump failed?? But the pump only wrks wen the car is in motion?? So is there anyway I can find out?? Should the engine management light come on??

I don't know for sure if the eml light would come on if the pump failed but I wouldn't have thought so as my o4 sti box (fitted to my classic only had 3 plugs .

neutral position, reverse sensor and a part loom that connects to the rear lambda sensor (I removed the last one as my classic doesn't use a rear lambda)

Although I wouldn't take that as gospel as never worked on a newage sti and I've never seen a dccd set up either but I'd imagine that the pump is mechanical and wouldn't have any wires connected to it

Thanx 4 the reply pal..

Im going mad!! The box has already been in twice!! If it's still knocking I'm going to park it up.. I really don't wanna break it as there's not many left in black 2002 prodrive..

Anyway will let u know how's things wrk out.. thanx again..

No problem bud, just sorry I couldn't be more help but 4wd gearboxes are witchcraft in my eyes so I've never dared to take one apart .

Have you considered a good second hand box about £1k for just the box or dropping a cheap blobeye 5 speed in with the same ratio ,just to get it back on the road while you suss the 6 speed

WHAT!! The 5 speed will fit from the blobeye?? But what about the sti driveshifts?? Will they work with the 5 speed box??

Thanx a lot bud.. if the 6 speed gearbox still wants to play games!! Then I'll go 4 the 5 speed..