Oil pump ej20

Exup1000

Just doing the timing belt on the car and I've got an oil leak. ( which I knew about) it looks like its coming from the oil pump but not 100% yet. Is this a common fault and if so is it normally the gasket that needs re sealing/ replalcing or something else?

The chances are, its the crank oil seal which is at the front of the pump.

Easy enough to change with the timing belt covers already off. The only difficult bit is getting the central cog off the crank shaft. They are normally stuck on with road dirt and stuff.

Yeh, I have the same leak, I jet washed the entire area of oil and ran it about 7 miles, put it on the ramps and what I thought was a rocker gasket leak is the crank seal, not a massive problem just marks it's spot on the driveway lol

the drip is quite quick once the oil is warm and although theres enough oil in the engine,I'm In area so it has to be done. plus I've just ordered a Kevler 2 timing belt @ £155 so I'm not taking that f@@ker back off once its fitted.

• Like 1

My timing belt was done just before I got the car, mine does need doing as every time I stop at lights it looks like the cars on fire lol, if I do it I'm gonna do the guides and tensioner too so it's too much cash that I just don't have yet, it will be done though