NL55 NBJ Forester 2.5XTE PPP Anyone know this car?

ALISTAIRROSS

Currently advertised on eBay, item no: 252218871394 from Glenburgie Cars. First registered in Newcastle then made its way north. 3 owners, the last for only 1500miles. That could be an innocent thing or perhaps it was returned within the one month warranty offered. Can't ask garage yet as they are closed until the new year. My heart says yes, but my head says potential head gasket or secondary air pump issue. Cosmetically it looks the business but I guess a PPP version is always going to have been driven harder. Has anyone got comparative experience of the PPP version versus a standard XTE? The alternative car I'm considering is a 2007 XTE similar mileage but no PPP pack or sat-nav, but known owners and subaru FSH. I'm currently torn and contemplating a trip to Scotland - just not sure what I could detect without a crystal ball. Perhaps an AA inspection. All thoughts welcome. Either way, hope to be a Forester owner soon. Alistair

Hi & welcome, do you have a link to the car ? not so clued up on the xt &ppp but if you found a normal xt you could have it mapped with better gains than you'd get from the ppp alone so if the initial cost was lower could work out better,

If the car your looking at has an air pump issue you could get it deleted and mapped out but obviously bump the price up,

Thanks for the reply. "Looked after" is the bit that concerns me. I'm leaning towards the 07 auto on the basis that the provenance and service history is with one garage from new, and I've driven it! On paper, the performance is slightly less than the manual but still lively enough. It had its secondary air pump replaced in the summer, so no immediate issues there.

I'll report back, off to hopefully pick it up Monday :-)

Definitely cheaper cars around but mileage, spec, manual box, colour, PPP all perfect for me, fact it creeps in to the lower tax cost a big bonus as well!

Previous owner indeed only had it a short time but I've been given what seems a plausible and acceptable explanation, service history sounds spot on including big service (belts etc) in September.

I'm in Glasgow so still a trek but nothing like any of you guys in England would have, well worth the trip and if it's as described I'll be heading home in it. Had a couple of Subaru's before so quite excited!

******! The garage answer phone said they were closed until 4th Jan otherwise I would have gone before Christmas. What was the reason for the third owner only doing 1600miles then returning the car? They've knocked £300 off from the September selling price as a result.

I'd spoke with them beforehand, was just waiting on my current car going.

The reason given for the short turnaround related to owner, not car, certainly sounded genuine and no hard all and all "negatives" of the car offered rather than after specific questions....

It certainly seems like a well looked after car from the pictures and MOT history - second owner let the brakes discs and calipers got to rot, failing the MOT but seems that Glenburgie have put all that right, as there were no advisories on the last MOT. My only worry was the dreaded head gasket issue if it had been pushed hard, but had convinced myself to take the risk. Hope it turns out to be a good car for you, although I might have just taken away any room off haggling down the price. :-)

Ye typical "gamble" with any car if this type / age.. Deal is all agreed so assuming nothing untoward / implying it's LED an unnecessarily hard life and not been looked after it'll be in the drive Monday night...

Will provide an update Monday....