Logging my wrx

Piggysniffer

Hi all, thought I best start another thread for this.

Basically I just need to know exactly what I need to log my car 2007 hawkeye wrx, I have no idea even though I have read and read about it all as I'm reading that there's all sorts of different cables etc, I also have absolutely no idea what the logs are going to mean so am hoping someone could read them and tell me if they are good or not, Im hoping it may show why I get bucking in my car (as per my other thread)

Many thanks again in advance for any help

I honestly don't know tbh, would it be better if I went the romraider route, so then I could really get/look into everything, and "maybe" down the line do some tuning, I'm pretty good with the mechanical side of things, just got a bit overwhelmed reading up on wgdc's, injector latency, pedal v requested torque or some such things etc, I'm a born fiddler so once I understand it I'm sure I will love it, just not sure what cable I would need, what laptop ? Software etc

Ive just connected my car up to a code reader this morning to check the operation of the throttle pedal as it has a live data bit on it, and I found that if I go onto the tps reading and slowly depress the pedal (engine off) all seems fine up until I get to roughly 27 % then any small amount of movement jumps the reading up to either 33% or 36%, I can't get it to read anything inbetween, I am thinking that this is what would make my car Buck , if I'm in that area of travel it will surely be jumping about as I try to hold a steady throttle or am coming on the gas and boost slowly at that point ?

Have you looked at the free ssm2 software available ? You'll need a cable from the bay for a couple of quid but it's a really good bit of software,

As for your throttle issue I take it yours is drive by wire and not cable operated ?